OE3 NCTIA 2011 Negotiations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contract Status

5 posters

Go down

Contract Status Empty Contract Status

Post  Leonard Cross Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Mike/Steve,

Thanks for the website. Great stuff. Please ask Mike Strunk to send an e-mail regarding the status of the contract, after July 1, 2011.

Thanks,

Len

Leonard Cross

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty Re: Contract Status

Post  jaaross Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Steve! Finally some reliable info. Hopefully Dan Redding holds true to his word.

jaaross

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty contract pay

Post  Michael Johnson Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Jason, well Dan Reding took care of the vacation pay misunderstanding. He was the lead in the meeting. As a bargaining unit we have to show unity. I feel one pay rate for all areas and all work is important. If other trades work for less that is their problem. It takes years to train and cert up, if we cross a county line should that make a difference? Taking into consideration the time it takes to train and the experience necessary to survive on a complex project we need to make as much as plumbers! Is that asking too much?

Michael Johnson

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty 'Labor Omnia Vincit'

Post  Steven McConnell Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:45 am

Thank you Jason, Len, and I would also like to recognize Mike for his time and effort in making this happen.

I encourage everyone who received a link to this website to share with other members and please register and post any questions, comments or concerns for open discussion.

This is a united effort in order to keep the membership informed with the most accurate updated information directly related to current contract negotiations, and give members a way to communicate and express opinions, concerns, and/or any constructive ideas in moving forward towards ratification of a new contract.
Steven McConnell
Steven McConnell

Back to top Go down

Post  jaaross Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Michael Johnson wrote:Jason, well Dan Reding took care of the vacation pay misunderstanding. He was the lead in the meeting. As a bargaining unit we have to show unity. I feel one pay rate for all areas and all work is important. If other trades work for less that is their problem. It takes years to train and cert up, if we cross a county line should that make a difference? Taking into consideration the time it takes to train and the experience necessary to survive on a complex project we need to make as much as plumbers! Is that asking too much?

Sorry Mike; I should have incluced you in there as well. So thanks.

The county line issue should not make a diffrence in pay rate. One pay rate? Do you mean getting rid of the private work rate; if so then I agree. What I do on a Three month progect is no different than multiple year project or for that matter a Two day gig!

jaaross

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty Crossing the line

Post  Michael Johnson Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:03 am

Good catch Jason!! What I meant was we need to keep one rate for all areas. It is still too early to really tell but when the AGC people come back to the table I think they will propose some very interesting stuff. We need to support each other and do whatever it takes to get a fair contract. We will keep you informed of events, and we can react as necessary. There is power in numbers!!

Michael Johnson

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty contract

Post  wolfefree Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Does anyone have any idea when the negotiations are supposed to be over?

wolfefree

Back to top Go down

Contract Status Empty It has to play out!!!

Post  Michael Johnson Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 am

We need to come to terms on a number of issues. At this time we are not making much progress. We will meet on August 9th, 10th, 16th and 19th. We are not prepared to cave or accept take aways. In my mind we have to begin making progress soon. Unless things change dramatically job actions are immanent. Mike Johnson

Michael Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down