OE3 NCTIA 2011 Negotiations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where was CEL?

3 posters

Go down

Where was CEL? Empty Where was CEL?

Post  Ryan Cummings Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:32 am

Ok rumor has it that Consolidated Engineering wasn't even at the negotiations. Is this true? And Why?

Ryan Cummings

Back to top Go down

Where was CEL? Empty CEL negotiation presence...........

Post  Bill Norris Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Ryan Cummings wrote:Ok rumor has it that Consolidated Engineering wasn't even at the negotiations. Is this true? And Why?

Ryan, Yes it is true Consolidated Engineering was not present. That is because these are NCTIA negotiations. Consolidated Engineering is not part of this bargaining group, but rather dominates the CELE group. Recall during last contract negotiations Smith Emery pulled out of CELE group, changing (read: "weakening IMO") our bargaining power as one unit (OE3 solidarity). Then the CEL and other inspectors (employed by CELE group labs) accepted a four year contract, throwing bargaining bodies out of sequence of contract renewal. This was a successfully tactical move on the CELE groups part in that it has further divided our strength as a whole group (again, OE3 solidarity). The CELE group will be present for negotiations next year when your contract is due for renewal.
I hope this helps address your inquiry as well as encourages others to get us all back on the same contract renewal/bargaining sequence. As it stands, the 'Favored Nation' clause continues to be abused to pull us all down, and in one year from now, the "Weakest" contract will end up as the "New" contract for all.

Bill Norris

Back to top Go down

Where was CEL? Empty Re: Where was CEL?

Post  Ryan Cummings Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Bill Norris wrote:
Ryan Cummings wrote:Ok rumor has it that Consolidated Engineering wasn't even at the negotiations. Is this true? And Why?

Ryan, Yes it is true Consolidated Engineering was not present. That is because these are NCTIA negotiations. Consolidated Engineering is not part of this bargaining group, but rather dominates the CELE group. Recall during last contract negotiations Smith Emery pulled out of CELE group, changing (read: "weakening IMO") our bargaining power as one unit (OE3 solidarity). Then the CEL and other inspectors (employed by CELE group labs) accepted a four year contract, throwing bargaining bodies out of sequence of contract renewal. This was a successfully tactical move on the CELE groups part in that it has further divided our strength as a whole group (again, OE3 solidarity). The CELE group will be present for negotiations next year when your contract is due for renewal.
I hope this helps address your inquiry as well as encourages others to get us all back on the same contract renewal/bargaining sequence. As it stands, the 'Favored Nation' clause continues to be abused to pull us all down, and in one year from now, the "Weakest" contract will end up as the "New" contract for all.

Hi Bill,

Yep I remember...... I got confused. I talked to Michael this morning. I was under the impression that CEL had jumped over to the NCTIA contract. because of the clause. Therefore trying to screwing us out of our last year of the contract. We have yet to get the raise and other changes are taking place without our knowledge. So we shall see hat happens. Thanks for responding to my post. What a Face

Ryan Cummings

Back to top Go down

Where was CEL? Empty contract voting

Post  wolfefree Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 pm

As everyone will remember both Smith Emery and Signet were allowed to vote on our last contract even though they were a different group.

wolfefree

Back to top Go down

Where was CEL? Empty Re: Where was CEL?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum